Beautiful, fresh and abundant. The Mackerel inhabits the waters around Britain and is a great alternative to more expensive farmed fish.
- 2 deboned Mackerel fillets
- Soft Cheese
- 2 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 2 pickled gherkins cut into small cubes
- Salt & Pepper to season
Fillet your Mackerel or get your deli counter/fishmonger to do so. Leave the skin on for the cooking precess.
Cook for a few minutes on each side till lightly browned. Leave the fish to cool and then flake the fish into a bowl.
Add 2 large tablespoons of soft cheese, the chopped spring onion, gherkins, 1 large teaspoon of mayonnaise to the flaked fish. Mix together until smooth, season with salt and pepper. Yum!
Today is the first day of the kids half term holiday and between trips into the gallery its all about my brood.
Today I thought its perfect weather to stay indoors and do some baking. Its cold and rainy outside but the kitchen is warm and cosy. I love searching for recipes on the net, so hard to decide what to bake!
1, Fork vs Spoon Chocolate Shortbread
2. Kirbie Cravings Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
3.Smitten Kitchen Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies.
Last night we drunk more of my mulled cider at our gallery Christmas party, 2 whole vats quickly dissipated! So it got me doing a bit of research about other winter warmers. Here are some I will be trying over the festive period…
Hot Buttered Rum, recipe from
Everybody likes Sandwiches
hot buttered rum
1/4 c butter, softened
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1 T brown sugar
4 c water
2 c apple cider
1 large cinnamon stick, broken in 3
4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
1 T brown sugar
1 t lemon juice per mug
1 1/2 oz amber rum per mug
1. Prepare the butter. Add spices and sugar to butter and mix until well combined. Put in fridge to firm up.
2. In a medium sized pot, add water, cider, spices and sugar and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. In 4 mugs, add in 1 teaspoon for lemon juice and one and a half ounces of rum to each mug. Add in 1 rounded teaspoon of the cold spiced butter and then ladle the hot spiced cider to fill each mug. Cheers!
Vanilla Honey Vodka via Tales of Ted and Agnes
Oh and why not go the whole way and make an Apple Cider Cream Pie via Lottie and Doof.