So Often Hover and I are off to London for the weekend to visit a few places including Tokyo Fixed Gear, a night in a swag hotel in Hyde Park and cocktails. Expect a full update including pictures on Sunday and perhaps some film? hmmm. This rabbit needs a mini break.
Check out Josh’s ride at the bottom of the article.
Howdy, Im off up to Cumbria for the next few days to celebrate New Years in style. All cosy in front of a wood burning stove drinking some damson gin I hope.
Joel and I trekking down the road from Granny and Grandpa’s last year.
I just want to leave you with my highlights of 2011…
- Having work in the Strong Island exhibition at The Round Tower
- Being asked to join Strong Island as a blogger
- Visiting the Natural History Museum in London
- Spending heaps of time with my best friend Heidi
- Meeting and making some wonderful new friends
- Southsea Supper Club which couldn’t happen without Southsea Food Social
- Ooh la Lapin just taking off so well and all the awesome support for it!
- Becoming an aunt for the first and second time to Lara and Sammy.
- Taking my daughter to the Andalucian countryside in Spain for a whole week and cooking amazing food.
- Having my first ever jagerbomb
- Going to France and Belgium with all the girls from the gallery and discovering I love Belgium.
Thanks everyone for a beautiful 2011 and here’s to 2012!
A few good friends who work in a gallery, one day/night, good cheer, dancing with beautiful people, backs of toilet doors, a toy hamster found in a club and my naked back…
Last night we drunk more of my mulled cider at our gallery Christmas party, 2 whole vats quickly dissipated! So it got me doing a bit of research about other winter warmers. Here are some I will be trying over the festive period…
Hot Buttered Rum, recipe from
Everybody likes Sandwiches
hot buttered rum
1/4 c butter, softened
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1 T brown sugar
4 c water
2 c apple cider
1 large cinnamon stick, broken in 3
4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
1 T brown sugar
1 t lemon juice per mug
1 1/2 oz amber rum per mug
1. Prepare the butter. Add spices and sugar to butter and mix until well combined. Put in fridge to firm up.
2. In a medium sized pot, add water, cider, spices and sugar and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. In 4 mugs, add in 1 teaspoon for lemon juice and one and a half ounces of rum to each mug. Add in 1 rounded teaspoon of the cold spiced butter and then ladle the hot spiced cider to fill each mug. Cheers!
Vanilla Honey Vodka via Tales of Ted and Agnes
Oh and why not go the whole way and make an Apple Cider Cream Pie via Lottie and Doof.