Every now and again it’s nice to think about whats currently inspiring you as a creative, I guess thats why Pintrest and Tumblr et al are so awesome. So I guess this is what’s making me feel rad at the moment and things to look forward to.
I really like listening to Plume Giant. Gentle, whimsical, poetic and perfect for staring out of windows too and cuddling up in a blanket. Also great to make stuff to!
Another favourite past time when I’m not working, running around after kids/dog or looking after the house is curling up with a good magazine. Two magazines I have fallen in love with recently are Flow and Lionheart.
Flow hails from the Netherlands (I love it there, so much beauty!) and is filled to the brim with inspiration, imagery, fabulous articles, recipes, creativity and each page makes you smile. The 2nd international edition is available now.
Lionheart magazine is perfectly handbag sized and is produced in the UK. I really enjoy the tone of the publication, its like going for a cuppa with a great friend who recommends ace places to visit and tells you entertaining stories and gives you enviable style advice. It’s well worth £5 as it has a great coffee table feel with its thick paper and wonderful artwork, a real keeper!
I want to go and stay at the Flying Pancake B & B in Amsterdam. My partner and I are planning a trip to Amsterdam by train this winter and I think we have found the perfect place to stay and we have searched endlessly for the perfect mix of style, design and location. Just outside the hustle and bustle it will be perfect for the much needed getaway with a touch of romance. It will be my first holiday in three years and the first time I have spent more than one night away from my disabled son for a long time.
Autumn and winter food and drink!!!
Apple and Cheddar scones from Smitten Kitchen.
Creamy Pan Fried Mushrooms and Poached Egg from Island Menu, truly wonderful photography and food!
Ooh a bit of a naughty one but I love it!
I love Jason Schwartzman so much and cant stop listening to his band ‘Coconut Records’
Cant stop listening to this band and dancing around in my heels.
this look rocks my world
via: Honestly WTF
literally anything by Andrew Groves makes my day
I do so dearly hope we can stock his work in the gallery, or I would totally love to work with him!
Im currently working on a series of prints about a fox going on a grand tour of Europe with his man servant Caruthers who is a polite otter.
Howdy, Im off up to Cumbria for the next few days to celebrate New Years in style. All cosy in front of a wood burning stove drinking some damson gin I hope.
Joel and I trekking down the road from Granny and Grandpa’s last year.
I just want to leave you with my highlights of 2011…
- Having work in the Strong Island exhibition at The Round Tower
- Being asked to join Strong Island as a blogger
- Visiting the Natural History Museum in London
- Spending heaps of time with my best friend Heidi
- Meeting and making some wonderful new friends
- Southsea Supper Club which couldn’t happen without Southsea Food Social
- Ooh la Lapin just taking off so well and all the awesome support for it!
- Becoming an aunt for the first and second time to Lara and Sammy.
- Taking my daughter to the Andalucian countryside in Spain for a whole week and cooking amazing food.
- Having my first ever jagerbomb
- Going to France and Belgium with all the girls from the gallery and discovering I love Belgium.
Thanks everyone for a beautiful 2011 and here’s to 2012!
Todays playlist sees me in a reflective mood, the air is colder outside and a walk by the sea in Southsea is more beautiful than ever. I want to sit on a bench and share it with someone wrapped up whilst we listen to this…
- To Build a Home – Cinematic Orchestra
- Family Portrait – Radical Face
- Deep Cave – Ernst Reijseger
- Wide Eyes – Local Natives
- Lion Face Boy – Seabear
- Needle in the Hay – Elliot Smith
- Arabella – Mountain Men
- Sick 2 Think – Why?
Find The Cold Sea here