So I was thinking, as you all know I am going through the process of launching Buttons & Pearls at the moment I thought it might be a good idea to serialise the ups and downs of starting a business.
I guess you could say we are pretty busy. Also what does it take to be a success, and will we succeed? We really want to.
What have we done so far:
- Set up a nifty blog
- Our advert is about to be launched in the Southsea Directory
- had lots of meetings and eaten lots of cake.
- set up a craft club
- Done 3 workshops and had amazing feedback which you can read on our blog.
- You can pay for classes online, woo hoo!
- Planning our hen party service.
- getting flyers printed and planning a whole day of travelling around the city distrubuting them.
- getting the markting done is so hard and tiring!!!
So I am going to try and galvanise some suport from bloggers and websites that want to be on board to see our dreams made a reality.
I have a severly handicapped son and will never ever be able to work a normal job, he is not going be cured sadly. So I knew my only option to make our lives better was for me to be my own boss and work the hours I want and not what someone else tells me.
Part of my dream is not only to make wonderful things and inspire other people to find joy in making but to provide and amazing future for my son.
My son will never go off to University, marry and have children or simply just go off for a walk on his own to a beach or park. Its sad we take for granted the gifts we have, the simply pleasures and also the dreams we can achieve if we put our minds to it.
If you have any ideas how we can make Buttons and Pearls a success please get in touch and be part of the journey with us!