In the vain of a few other blogs I read I wanted to start a kinda weekly ‘do stuff’ post. I miss writing my food blog so today its a recipe. Trust me its so easy, quick and the results are yummy.
Wholemeal Smoked Cheese and Marmite Scones.
you will need:
140g self-raising flour
140g seeded wholemeal bread flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g low fat butter spread/or proper butter
80g smoked applewood cheddar (this is in all supermarket and deli counters)
2 tbsp natural soya yoghurt
milk, a little
- Heat oven to 190c/gas mark 5
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add butter and rub into flour to make tiny bread crumb consistency
- stir in 2/3rds of the cheese
- make a dip in the middle of the bowl and pour in an egg whisked with the yogurt and marmite.
- stir to make a soft dough, form into a ball and roll out 2cm thick, cut out your scones, I used a heart shape cutter and got about 10 scones.
- place on a greased baking sheet, brush with mils and sprinkle with cheese
- Pop in the oven for 12 mins until golden brown with bubbly cheese.
Enjoy with a glass of cloudy apple juice, it really compliments the flavour, if you hate marmite its a good recipe to convert your self.